Thursday, December 10, 2009

The BET would be proud


A planner for those who are graphically organized...

Even when time needs to be stretched, rarely do I make planners. But this seemed like a cool idea; having your friends on facebook tag days they could hang out with you.

Anyways, this post of mostly about black people. Huzzah! As you can see in the picture, I am clearly of european decent. But, at the risk of coming off like an airheaded 15 year old desperately trying to vindicate herself about her choice of boyfriend, I love black people.

Also my nickname is Moisha. More on that later.

PRINCESSANDTHEFROGPRINCESSANDTHEFROGPRINCESSANDTHEFROG!

Yes, I am planning to see it tomorrow. I'm forcing my boyfriend to go early to get tickets so we can ensure a seat. We will beat the moms and kids and pretentious scene fags.

I have been stalking this movie since probably spring... I was so excited for a New Orleans, ambiguously black prince disney movie. Also Dr. Facilier's design and Keith David singing where enough to force me to change pants after watching this:



MAN! Wasn't that just smooth and beautiful! All hand drawn animation this time guys. I think Treasure Planet was the last time something like this was done, but it had it's 3D moments. But the whole black princess thing is enough to put this on a pedestal.

I already have the OST. I'm such a nerd...

As far as original matters go...


Ulysses and Magnus. Been wanting to draw something to this effect for awhile.

Because the hierarchy of Ulysses's family is tl;dr... Basically he's the youngest son in a long ass line of a broken household. He escaped while the getting out was good, but his older brother Magnus continues to battle on. Since the family is a lot of fucks ups and Dewey, who screwed a lot of stuff up, they are very close and when the opportunity to cross the map arrives, they take it.

Proud of this picture. Not so much the lurking birds. But It will most likely be colored and fixed.

I need to go to bed. I will surely give a full report of PATF tomorrow. Haha. Goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment