Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hal Jordan saves the day... again...


NEEEEEEGGGGGGGGH!

Nah, today was sweet. Everything was very perfect. Despite what December 19th has been in the past, today it dun' good.

Lots of other people there

As I found out after my first picture, pretty much everyone was doing licensed characters, mostly Batman and other DC sorta stuff.
This chick was doing a Mad Harley Quinn picture.

There was about 2 tables of just local artists there. One guy even brought in a big canvas and did a Jack Skellington acrylic painting.

We tried auctioning off the 200 dollar Harvey Dent masterpiece, but sometimes art is just pearls before swine.

After floating my first picture to the online webcam audience, I was commissioned to do Hal Jordan for a nice fellow in Texas named Don Smith. He paid a grand 30 dollars upfront for it, so I'm working hard so he gets his money's worth. Don's also the managing editor for Cosmic Book News. He hasn't seen my webcomic yet... but if it's good enough it might get some play on his website.

Not that I think Naked Matador Stories IS good enough yet... Not to put myself down, it's just sorta crappily spliced together with my work schedule and I don't have the time to sit down and churn out quality pages.

But nevertheless... publicity is good...

The finished Quinn! Isn't it great? Sold in seconds!

I think it was a great success. My Uncle George got me some display cases for my little phone charms for Sac-anime, and I got my table squared away with Jason Dube.

It's looking good over here! I just need to finish the picture for Don and maybe I should finish the next chapter of NMS...

No comments:

Post a Comment