Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The obvious New Years Post & More

I am back in Cali again! Second Semester has started up again as well, and this time around I'm going to give it a good shot. This is where I need to start getting serious as far as grades go... so far, I think I'm doing good. It's only 4 days in, but I'm off to a good start.

I found this on my walk home today as well...


I strayed off the beaten path and came into a seemingly fern gully existence...


It might not seem like a lot to you, but after almost a week now of living in the glass house of cheerleaders and cardboard people whining about what their parent's didn't give them for christmas; I was stunned to find that Rocklin had something to offer me other than a shopping mall. It's really beautiful, very lush and green and literally just a little pathway off of the hill where I walk home... Sorry... just planning my secret garden...


This is probably one of the best works I've done in the last six months as far as a copic-coloring goes. It's taken from an old Marlboro magazine ad, but instead of The Wild West, I chose a theme closer to the Civil War. It's got loads of just rich intensity and will be shown with the rest of my image displays at Sac-Anime. My portfolio is just about 50 of my best works including some fan art, commissions, and pieces I've won contests with.


Going back to that whole troubled youth thing, I created this in art yesterday. Distressed Shark Head Kid. Click his head to make him grow.


And... yeah. Probably the best picture of Matador I've done in a LONG time. I have a very hard time actually capturing what he looks like in my mind because he's just so goddamn difficult to express. I've realized as of late that Matador's facial structure is almost identical to Jean Claude Van Damme, although matador isn't nearly as built.

>_>

On a completely unrelated note, Marvolus's celebrity self is that of Ioan Gruffud.


Just a little blonder and it's pretty much exactly how it is in my head...

I imagine them as people, not comic book characters.

In any case, I'll try to post on Friday night of Sac Anime, if not, for sure you'll catch me after the con. Look for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment