Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sac Anime Super Sassy Success

Now that I have your attention...

Yes. Super Sassy Success. We faced Sickness, even boredom, but it was definitely a good experience.

Started out good and early on Friday. Me and Alex where the only ones there until Natalie showed in the evening, until than I had the whole table to myself and was mostly amusing myself with the crowd and the cosplayers. I had my phone charms up for sale, my portfolio to look at with the majority of my colored works inside, my old Black and White Prints from last November up for 3 bucks, and the promise of candy and super sticky notes to passerby.

Alex wore my Szayel cosplay on friday because he was amused by the wig and wanted to look sassy fabulous.

Blurry Yoko Copter!!!!

Pikminlink stopped at our table for the Sac Anime Mascot contest. Natalie wanted to show her appreciation by making her a sign that didn't show up on camera.

If you're not familiar with Pikminlink, she pretty much IS link, best Legend of Zelda cosplayer I have seen (Other than Chris Simmer, but he's a good thousand feet tall)

Photo taken from her Deviantart. She has a website as well.

And just so we all know, this is Chris.

He also makes a mean master chief.

Saturday was a lot of drawings and bumming about. Alex got his Dio Brando cosplay and strutted about while I sold things here and there. He got a few good pictures taken from other people. I did a whole bunch of little sketches from, what else, Naked Matador stories.

Oh the joys of Papermate pens.
They have finally started selling "So Ronery" pillows in Vendor Rooms at Anime Conventions. I am both intrigued and mortified.
Sunday was cool because I got a lot of silly little commissions that added up. Saturday I got to complete a page in a girl's sketch book that was themed around the far east and japan shit, so I forked out Opus wearing a crane kimono for her. This older lady who may mention me on her blog had a pair of pants running around that were all about doodles. Me being myself, I drew Matador on her seam.

But I wasn't the only one doing mad commissions, Brandon Mckinney showed up at the convention, for those of whom who are too lazy to check that hyperlink, he's a storyboard artist that has most likely worked on something you like.

I commissioned him to turn these:

into this:

And I blew my damn load because Matador looks so Sassy, and Marvolus is so Dapper.

He was impressed by my stuff and gave me some great advice as far as continuing art goes. I am really happy I met him, and even more so, for going on Sunday at all because I felt sick. It was worth it, mos def.

As for wicked cosplayers. This probably took the top, just because I didn't get the chance to show you the jesus cosplayer with the wolfwood cross.

I'll be here, watching my deviantart get massive spams of new watchers now. Thanks to everyone who came to the table or bought something! I hope you are enjoyed yourself at the con!


No comments:

Post a Comment